2007etsybanner

3/6/07

real life

Some days I forget to write about more than work over here, so I thought today I'd do a little catching up.

Here are two non-work-related projects in progress.

womanof30 wip

This is the start of a collage piece. I found my boxes of old prints the other day and felt sad that they were just sitting there, unloved. I have a horrible habit of never making (or keeping) art for myself, and that's something I really need to change. I'm not sure where this piece is going, but I'm sure it will tell me when it's ready. The pages are from a ratty stack of antique books I rescued from a dumpster, and the base is leftover wood from when my husband replaced the floor joists underneath our bathroom. Someday when there are actual "after" photos, I'll make a post about the nightmare bathroom project.

This next item is something else I snagged from a trash pile. It's hard to get a good photo where it's hanging, but it's got a great rusty finish. I was undecided between attempting to re-wire it and sealing the rust, or simply turning it into a candleabra.
chandelier wip
I think candles might be winning.

No comments: